Adana Kebap (also known as Adana Kofte) is a delicious hand-minced meat kebab mounted on a skewer and then grilled over charcoal.
Servings: 4 skewers
- 700 g lamb meat
- 100 g tail fat
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ teaspoon flaked chilli (pul biber)
- 1 tablespoon red pepper paste (optional)
To make the kebab mixture, combine the chopped lamb meat with tail fat (or minced lamb), chilli flakes, red pepper paste and salt.
Mix the ingredients together with your hands until you have an evenly sticky mixture.
Divide your lamb mixture into four equal parts.
Wet your hands with water in between handling the minced meat and then mould the meat around the skewer to form a flattened kofte kebab.
The best way to cook them is on charcoal but you can cook them on a gas BBQ, on a griddle pan or even in the oven. It takes 15 to 20 minutes on the BBQ, 10 to 12 minutes on the griddle and 18 to 20 minutes in a 200 °C preheated oven.
Make sure to turn the kebabs a few times to ensure all the sides are cooked equally.
- The best way to cook Adana Kebab is to grill them on charcoal. However, you can cook these kebabs on an indoor grill pan or cast-iron skillet as well as in an oven.
- A special technique called "zırhlama" is the most important part of making a delicious & authentic Adana Kebab.
- Make sure to turn the kebabs a few times to ensure all the sides are cooked equally.
- You can use metal skewers or wooden skewers that have been soaked in water for half an hour.
Serving: 180g | Calories: 444kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 36g | Fat: 32g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g | Monounsaturated Fat: 14g | Cholesterol: 128mg | Sodium: 711mg | Potassium: 543mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 234IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 20mg | Iron: 3mg