You will never want to order take away chicken stir fry noodles after you try out this delicious, healthy and colourful recipe. It’s one of our favourite quick and simple weekday night meals – it only takes around 30 minutes to prepare!
Stir fry is a great way to incorporate veggies into your diet in a non-boring way. For this recipe, you can use any vegetable you like and whatever is in season. What makes this recipe special is the combination of different seasonings and flavours. The special marinade that I use in this recipe tenderize and season the meat perfectly. For the marinade, I use the Garlic and Ginger Paste which I prepare beforehand in batches.Jump to Recipe
Tips for Making the Perfect Chicken Stir Fry Noodles
- Before cooking the chicken breasts, make sure they get to room temperature. This is necessary for chicken breasts to cook evenly.
- When the chicken breasts are cooked, cover them with tin foil and set them aside. Resting them (or any meat) helps to preserve the juiciness of the meat.
- Don’t throw away the marinade remaining in the bowl after you marinate the chicken, as well as the juice of the cooked chicken breasts. Instead, add them to your stir fry when cooking. Adding the marinade and meat juice to your stir fry gives the dish a great flavour and adds dimension!
- Try to cut the vegetables at the same size. This will make sure that all veggies cook evenly.
- Make sure the vegetable oil is sizzling hot before you start cooking the vegetables. Otherwise, they will get too watery. This will cause the vegetables to lose their flavours and give them an unpleasant soft texture. Stir fry is all about cooking the veggies fast at high heat to preserve the flavours inside the ingredients.
- Always start with the vegetables that take longer to cook and keep stirring the veggies while cooking. I like my vegetables quite crunchy but you can cook longer if you like them soft.
I hope you enjoy the process of making these Chicken Stir Fry Noodles as much as you would enjoy eating them! 🙂
Bon appétit! / Afiyet olsun!
Chicken Stir Fry with Noodles
For Marinating the Chicken
- 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 100 ml teriyaki sauce
- 40 ml soy sauce
- 2 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 1 tbsp mirin
- 1 tbsp rice wine
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 TSP flaked chilli You can adjust to your taste
- ½ TSP crashed black pepper
- 1 TSP corn flour
For the Stir Fry
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 medium carrot (thinly sliced)
- 100 g broccoli (small fleurets)
- 100 g mange tout (sugar snap beans)
- 1 red capsicum pepper (sliced)
- 3 spring onions (sliced)
- 200 g white cabbage (shredded)
- 600 g chicken breast marinated for at least 2 hours (preferably 5-6 hours if you have time)
- 1 red chilli (finely chopped)
- 2 tbsp coriander (chopped)
- 320 g egg noodles (if you use pre-cooked ones, use 4 serving)
Marinating the Chicken
- In a mixing bowl combine all the marinating ingredients and add the chicken making sure they are covered with the marinade.
- Cover the bowl with a lid or cling film, and let them marinate in the fridge for an hour (preferably 5 to 6 hours if you have time).
- Take the chickens out of the fridge half an hour before you start cooking for them to get to room temperature.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade and place them on a tray, keep the marinade to add to the stir fry later.
- Preheat the oven to 180 °C and cook the chicken for 20-22 minutes.
- When chicken is cooked, cover with tin foil and let them rest while you are cooking the vegetables.
- Cook the egg noodles in boiling water (with salt and olive oil) until al dente. Set aside the cooked noodles. If you are using pre-cooked noodles, skip this step.
- Heat a large wok with vegetable oil.
- Add sliced carrots, broccoli and whole mange touts (sugar snap beans), cook for few minutes.
- Add the peppers and the cabbage, cook for few more minutes (make sure not to overcook as they should be still crunchy).
- Add the marinade left from the chicken then add the cooked noodles.
- Slice the chicken breast and add them to the wok. You can add the juice that came out of the chicken while resting for extra flavour.
- Stir well until all combined and serve it with coriander, chilli and spring onion garnish on top.