Banana bread is a great classic of all times and is the best way to use the over ripen bananas hanging around the kitchen. The addition of peanut butter and chocolate to the very much loved classic banana bread takes it to the next level of deliciousness. This “nutty“ banana bread is a great accompaniment to your morning coffee or a healthy snack when you feel peckish.Jump to Recipe
This peanut butter banana bread has all the characteristics of classic banana bread. It is moist and packed with sweet banana flavour. On top of it, it’s extremely nutty thanks to peanut butter! The addition of rich dark chocolate makes it even more irresistible.
How to Make Peanut Butter Banana Bread
This super easy and quick recipe will give you a very moist and irresistible banana bread in no time. There are few easy steps that you need to follow to achieve the best results:
- Start with preheating the oven to 165°C (fan oven). Grease a loaf pan size of 12 cm x 25 cm and line with parchment paper, set aside.
- Put the ripen bananas in a bowl and mash them with the back of a fork. The riper the banana, the deeper the flavour. Add the peanut butter and the vanilla paste to the banana and gently mix them all.
- In a separate bowl, mix the all-purpose flour, baking powder and salt. If using self-raising flour, you don’t need the baking powder. Simply add a pinch of salt to the self-raising flour.
- Using a stand mixer or a hand mixer, whisk the eggs and sugar until the mixture is a pale yellow, this should take 5-6 minutes. Add the banana mixture to the eggs and whisk until all combined then add the oil and the milk. Whisk the mixture for another 30 seconds then add the flour and dark chocolate pieces. Gently fold the flour into the mixture and pour it into the prepared loaf pan. Don’t be tempted to over mix! The consistency of the batter should be wet but thick.
- Place the loaf pan in the middle rack and bake for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle of the loaf comes out clean. Remove from the oven and allow it to cool down on a rack before slicing.
I hope you enjoy the process of making this moist and nutty Peanut Butter Banana Bread as much as you enjoy eating it! 🙂
Bon appétit! / Afiyet olsun!
Best Chocolate Banana Bread Recipe
- 3 eggs (at room temperature)
- 110 g granulated sugar (½ cup)
- 3 medium ripe bananas (the bananas should have brown spots on their skin and feel soft)
- ½ tbsp vanilla extract
- 135 g peanut butter (½ cup) (use 100% peanut ingredient butter if possible, or use any other peanut butter with the highest percentage you can find)
- 125 ml sunflower oil (½ cup)
- 125 ml whole milk (½ cup)
- 210 g all purpose flour (1+½ cup) (alternatively use self raising flour)
- pinch of salt
- 16 g baking powder
- 100 g dark chocolate (roughly chopped)
- Preheat the oven to 165°C (fan oven).
- Grease a loaf pan size of 12 cm x 25 cm (5" x 10") and line with parchment paper, set aside.
- Put the bananas in a bowl and mash them with the back of a fork, add the peanut butter along with the vanilla paste and stir to combine.
- In a separate bowl, mix the all purpose flour, baking powder and the salt (you don’t need the baking powder if using self raising flour).
- Whisk the eggs with sugar using a stand mixer or a hand mixer until the mixture is pale yellow for about 5-6 minutes.
- Add the banana mixture to the egg mixture and whisk until combined before adding the oil and the milk.
- Whisk the mixture to combine for about 30 seconds then add the flour mixture along with the chocolate.
- Gently fold the flour into the mixture and pour it into the prepared loaf pan.
- Place the loaf pan in the middle rack and bake for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle of the loaf comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and allow it to cool down on a rack before slicing.
Did you make this recipe?