Rocket and Parmesan Salad is a peppery and tangy side dish that complements meat or seafood dishes. It is very easy to make and only takes 10 minutes to put together. I love using rocket leaves in salad as they have a fresh, bitter and peppery flavour. This healthy and delicious salad pairs perfectly with seafood dishes like Creamy Prawn Pasta as well as meat dishes like Hunkar Hegendi (Sultan’s Delight) or Aubergine Meatball Wraps (Islim Kebabi).Jump to Recipe
How to Make Rocket and Parmesan Salad?
This is a very simple recipe with few easy steps to follow to achieve the best results:
- Wash the rocket leaves thoroughly and make sure they are totally dry. Place the rocket leaves in a large bowl. Cut the cherry tomatoes in halves and add them to the rocket leaves.
- Make parmesan shavings using a vegetable peeler. Make long peels of parmesan block the same way as you’re peeling a big carrot and add the shavings to the bowl.
- Thinly slice the red onions and add them to the bowl.
- To make the dressing for the salad, whisk together the olive oil, balsamic glaze and sea salt. Add the dressing to the salad mixture in the bowl. Gently toss them together to combine with your fingertips.
- Transfer the salad in individual salad bowls or in a large big salad bowl.
I hope you enjoy the process of making this healthy and delicious Rocket and Parmesan Salad as much as you enjoy eating it! 🙂
Bon appétit! / Afiyet olsun!
Rocket and Parmesan Salad
- 100 g baby rocket leaves (washed and dried)
- 10 cherry tomatoes (halved)
- ¼ red onion (finely sliced)
- ½ TSP sea salt
- 30 g parmesan shavings
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp balsamic glaze
- Wash and dry the rocket leaves and put them in a large bowl.
- Cut the cherry tomatoes in halves and add to the rocket leaves.
- Whisk olive oil, sea salt and balsamic glaze to make a dressing.
- Thinly slice the red onions and add them to the bowl along with the dressing.
- Gently toss them to combine with your fingertips and transfer them in individual salad bowls or a large big salad bowl.
Did you make this recipe?