This Summer Chickpea Salad is a refreshing, delicious and healthy dish perfect for hot summer days. It is the perfect combination of chickpeas, currants and summer vegetables with a light dressing made with olive oil and lemon juice. This super easy salad is ready in less than 10 minutes by simply tossing together few ingredients. And it makes it perfect for a lazy, yet super healthy and filling summer meal!
You can enjoy this summer chickpea salad on its own as a light lunch/dinner or have it with our indulgent Spinach Borek (Ispanakli Borek) or Hunkar Begendi (Sultan’s Delight) as a side dish. This colorful and refreshing summer salad would be also a great accompaniment for grilled meat or fish.Jump to Recipe
How to Make Summer Chickpea Salad?
Although this is a very simple recipe, you need to follow few simple steps to achieve the best results:
- Prepare the vegetables – Wash and deseed the red pepper and cut it into small cubes, approximately 1 cm. Peel the carrot and grate it with the large side of their grater or make ribbons using a peeler. Wash, dry and finely chop the parsley. Drain and wash the chickpeas and place them in a large bowl. Add the vegetables, rocket leaves and currants into the bowl with chickpeas.
- Prepare the dressing – Mix the extra virgin olive oil, freshly squeezed lemon juice, salt and cumin powder in a small bowl and whisk until all combine.
- Dress the salad – Add the dressing to the vegetables. Gently toss the vegetables with the dressing and serve in a large salad bowl or individual salad bowls.
I hope you enjoy the process of making this summer chickpea salad as much as you enjoy eating it! 🙂
Bon appétit! / Afiyet olsun!
Summer Chickpea Salad
- 1 can chickpeas (400 g) (washed and drained)
- 1 red bell pepper (small diced)
- 1 large carrot (grated)
- ½ cup black currant
- ½ cup parsley (chopped)
- 1 cup rocket salad leaves
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- pinch of salt
- pinch of cumin powder
- Drain and wash the chickpeas and place them in a large bowl.
- Add the red peppers, parsley, rocket leaves, currants and grated carrot to the chickpeas.
- Make a dressing with olive oil. lemon juice, salt and cumin in a small bowl then add to the salad.
- Gently toss the vegetables with the dressing and serve in a large salad bowl or individual salad bowls.
Did you make this recipe?