Mediterranean Whipped Feta Dip is a creamy and smooth appetiser that is made with tangy feta cheese, greek yoghurt, mayo, garlic and dill. This healthy dip is very similar to Greek ktipiti or tirokafteri and Turkish Yoghurt Dip (Haydari). It is a very easy recipe and all you need is 10 minutes and a few ingredients to make this delicious appetizer/mezze.Jump to Recipe
Whipped feta dip is a perfect party food as it’s fuss-free as well as being very tasty. This fluffy and smooth dip stiffens when it gets refrigerated and turns into a spread. If you want to use it as a dip, bring it to room temperature before serving.
How to Make Mediterranean Feta Cheese Dip?
This is a very simple recipe and to achieve the best results, you need to follow few simple steps:
- The main ingredient is the feta cheese so try to use a good quality one, preferably made with sheep milk.
- Place the feta in a bowl of a food processor, fitted with the blade attachment. Add the Greek yoghurt to the bowl along with the minced garlic and mayonnaise. Blend until very smooth, scraping down sides as needed.
- The feta cheese is usually salty but it is good to check the seasoning and add salt if necessary. Add chopped dill and a pinch of freshly ground black pepper and pulse for 10-20 seconds at low speed. You can replace the dill with mint or parsley if you like.
- Transfer into a bowl and garnish with pomegranate seeds (or use sumac, olive oil, fresh herbs, nuts or chilli flakes).
Yes, feta dip is suitable for freezing. Simply place the leftover feta dip in an airtight container and keep it in the freezer for up to 3 months.
There are many ways to enjoy this herby Mediterranean inspired dip. You can use it as a spread for wraps and sandwiches. Or as a dip for vegetable crudités, toasted Pita Bread or crusty bread. It goes great with Spicy Chicken Wings, Chicken Shish Kebab or Lamb Shish Kebab. You can serve it as a part of a mezze board or you can use it as a sauce for Courgette Fritters( Mucver), or french fries.
I hope you enjoy the process of making this tasty Mediterranean inspired feta dip as much as you enjoy eating it! 🙂
Bon appétit! / Afiyet olsun!
Mediterranean Whipped Feta Dip
- 200 g feta cheese
- 115 g Greek yoghurt or natural yoghurt (½ cup)
- 50 g mayonnaise
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 1 tbsp dill (chopped)
- 1 pinch freshly ground black pepper
- pomegranate seeds (optional) (to garnish)
- Place the feta in a bowl of a food processor, fitted with the blade attachment.
- Add the Greek yoghurt to the bowl along with the minced garlic and mayonnaise.
- Blend until very smooth, scraping down sides as needed.
- Check the seasoning and add salt if necessary.
- Add chopped dill and pinch of freshly ground black pepper and pulse for 10-20 seconds at low speed.
- Transfer into a bowl and garnish with pomegranate seeds (optional, you can use sumac, olive oil, fresh herbs, chopped nuts or chilli flakes for garnish)
Did you make this recipe?